Book 4 For The Price Of 3! For Group Discounts, Please Call +44 (0) 203 479 2299. Don't Miss 14 Brands Revealing The Latest On How To Formulate For Beauty & Skincare Success
Formulate For Success With The Latest Insights Into Evolving Consumer Trends, Sustainability & Natural Product Development Hurdles, Active & Raw Ingredients & Claims Substantiation For Successful, Consumer-Focused Beauty, Cosmetic & Skincare Formulations & Product: Leverage Inspirational Brand Insights Into New Ingredients, The Latest Formulation Innovations, Technologies & Testing, & Emerging Trends From Sustainability & Naturals To Personalisation & Packaging – Whilst Fulfilling Marketing Claims & Guaranteeing Regulatory Compliance. @BeautyConf
08.30 Coffee, Registration & Informal Networking
09.00 GIC Welcome & Chair’s Opening Remarks
Jo Chidley, Co-Founder, Beauty Kitchen
Natural Product Success | Panel Discussion & Q&A
09.10 Formulating For Success In Natural Beauty, Cosmetics & Skincare
- As more consumers demand natural, clean, organic, vegan or free-from products, how can we overcome technical hurdles regarding stability, functionality and expiration to deliver high-performance, high-profit products which fulfil claims and regulations?
- How can we overcome misconceptions or cater to consumer demands? How can we walk the line between the two?
- Navigate perceptions of natural to truly tap into the trend: is naturals the future paradigm of formulation or do synthetic ingredients still have a place in cosmetics?
- In and around the product: considerations for packaging of natural products to mitigate potential interactions with a host and consumer perceptions
- How can you achieve product consistency when working with natural ingredients which vary in quality, functionality and fragrance?
Maylis Joppé, Vice President Innovation Excellence, Coty
09.30 Exploit The Newest Ingredients, Raw Materials & Emerging Alternatives & Update Your Go-To List Of What Is In & Out To Deliver Products & Formulations Which Benefit & Excite Consumers
- As an industry perpetually on the lookout for what’s new and exciting, discover the newest innovative ingredients to satisfy consumers appetite for change
- An update on actives to ensure effective formulation to application: methods to ensure your actives are delivered at the correct depth, concentration and length of time
- Nice vs. nasties: keep pace with what is in’ and ‘out’ as consumers become increasingly driven to purchase by key ingredients to improve formulation success, ensure customers are satisfied and deliver products with real benefits and results
Sustainability & Packaging
10.00 From Ingredients To Packaging To Formulation Waste: Go Beyond Greenwashing To Reduce End-To-End Environmental Impact & Convey Your Green Credentials To Consumers
- A norm not a new? As the trend of the moment, what can be done to improve sustainability in formulation to retain eco-conscious consumer markets
- Beyond concept and creation, as awareness of environmental footprints increase, does more emphasis need to be put on biodegradability of products and how can this be done?
- Balance sustainable, recyclable packaging with the sleek look and brand image that the beauty and cosmetic industry demands
- Re-think single use, what is the potential of re-fills? Examine where this might be appropriate and highlighting the biological challenges to watch out for
Elsie Rutterford, Co-Founder, BYBI Beauty
10.20 Morning Break With Informal Networking
10.50 Case Study From Chemberry
Susanna Groth, Business Development & Marketing, Chemberry
Marketing Vs. Science: Consumer (Mis) Communication | Panel Discussion & Q&A
11.05 Bridge The Gap Between Marketing & Science & Communicate With Consumers For Products & Campaigns Which Don’t Compromise On Science Or A Marketing Angle
- Science fact or science fiction: expose miscommunication between formulators and consumers to go beyond the marketing message and improve public understanding of good skincare and beneficial ingredients
- Inform consumers and challenge perceptions: as consumers become more demanding and directed by influencers, how can science and innovation regain the top spot for directing formulation and NPD?
- Make a stand against the tide of misinformation in the industry to ensure that consumers are clear on cosmetic regulations and what is and isn’t allowed to overcome the disconnect between the science in the product and what consumers perceive
Florence Adepoju, Founder, MDMflow
Abigail Burton, New Product Development Manager UK, Avon
Anke Ginzburg, Dir Scientific Comms Global Consumer Beauty R&D, Coty
Daniel Campbell, Senior Cosmetic Scientist - Product Design, Lush
11.35 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner. For more information on how to get involved, please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
12.05 Capitalise On Driving Forces & Macro Trends Behind Consumer Purchasing Decisions & Create Successful Consumer-Focused Products
- Improve methods to collect and leverage consumer data and behaviours for insights into what makes your customer tick
- Translate consumer trends and insights into successful product formulation
- CBD, sustainability, anti-ageing, multi-functional, blue light, gender neutral… consumers demand more from products, what is new and exciting?
- When science isn’t driving the industry; tap into the latest consumer psychology for strategies which influence purchasing
12.25 Morning Round Up & Lunchtime Announcements
12.30 Lunch For Speakers, Delegates & Partners
13.00 Informal Peer-To-Peer Discussions
A) Lifestyle & Skin
B) Tech & Testing
13.30 Afternoon Chair’s Opening Remarks
Anke Ginzburg, Director Scientific Communications Global Consumer Beauty R&D, Coty
Regulations & Claims | Panel Discussion & Q&A
13.40 Keep Pace With Evolving UK & International Regulation For Compliant & Compelling Labelling & Claims Substantiation
- Proactive steps to tackle Brexit uncertainty around UK and EU legislation and changes in trade
- China, the US and new, emerging markets – keep pace with regulation updates globally for successful international product launches
- From halal, to free from, to anti-ageing, substantiate claims on pack to keep up with evolving consumer preferences
- What are the prerequisites to making claims? How can we then effectively test to support claims with clinical evidence?
Lauren Kempen, Product Technologist (Skincare, Suncare & Mens), Marks and Spencer
Atoshi George, Senior Scientific Advisor, L’Oréal UKI
14.10 From Concept To Launch: Streamlining Your NPD Strategies For Fast-Formulation Which Enables Quick-To-Market Product Design & Formulation
- Multifunctionality vs. multiple product skincare routines: how can R&D methods be adapted for both ‘one product fits all’ vs. targeted, tailored formulations?
- Cut ingredients and not corners: as many move towards formulating with fewer ingredients, how can products maintain the same efficiency and results?
- How to speed up R&D while satisfying consumer demands to get products to market quickly
Majella Lane, Senior Lecturer & Director of the Skin Research Group, University College London
14.30 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner. For more information on how to get involved, please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email email@example.com
15.00 Microbiomes Updates: From Regulation To The Environment, Explore The Future Of The Microbiome
- As more and more people become aware of the microbiome, what certifications are emerging surrounding formulating for the microbiome and what does it mean to be ‘microbiome friendly’?
- Explore the host and environmental interactions with the microbiome and active or reactive states which can help or hinder the microbiome
- Determine the right overall microbiome strategy when microbiomes are as individual as DNA
- Will microbiomes continue to become more prevalent in the beauty industry?
Ahmad Khodr, Ph.D, Lead Scientist, L’Oréal Research & Innovation
15.20 Afternoon Break With Informal Networking
15.50 From Concept To Market: Develop Personalised Products Which Tick Consumer, Formulation & Regulatory Boxes
- As the demand and ability to make products more personal and specialised increases, keep pace with the products consumers really want to ensure commercial success
- Formulate to maintain the core functionality of a product whilst adding additional, potentially reactive components that consumers are demanding
- Tech, Apps or AI? How can personalisation be made more accessible to consumers and what data is available to determine how tried and tested novel methods are?
- Does individuality compromise legality? Explore considerations surrounding compliance in personalised products
Erika Monsallier, Principal Formulation Team Lead, Skincare Technologies, Oriflame
16.10 Ensure International Trading Regulations, Ingredients Legislation & Different Consumer Needs & Preferences Are Not A Barrier To International Success
- One product doesn’t fit all! Formulate for international audiences to offer products and ranges which suit different skin tones, types, conditions and environments
- From 10 step Korean skincare to UV sensitivity to rates of ageing - explore cultural trends and differences behind cosmetic and skincare use
- Explore international ingredients, labelling and claims laws to successfully branch out into new countries and markets
16.30 From Anti-Pollution To Anti-Ageing, From Blue Light To SPF: Insights Into The Latest Consumer Skincare Concerns & How Brands Can Formulate To Meet Their Needs
- As urban consumers become increasingly aware of exposure to pollutants and blue light, what are new and successful ways of formulating to protect against potential harmful effects?
- Meeting demand for multifunctionality: how to successfully incorporate SPF into ‘go-to’ daily products to exceed consumer expectations of UV protection
- What are the latest trends in anti-ageing? What are consumers looking for and what are current key formulations to achieve this?
Nataša Simonič, Product Development, Technologist Skincare, The Body Shop
16.50 Chair’s Closing Remarks & Official Close Of Conference
Jo Chidley, Co-Founder, Beauty Kitchen